Deputy Director Graduate Studies
P. O. Box 7089 – 00100 NAIROBI
EAST AFRICA PHONE: +254703453636; +254 722 802068
E – MAIL: email@example.com/lwairimu@mku,ac.ke
To demonstrate best practices in any organization through utilization of practical, innovative skills and knowledge, competences and talents towards firm’s success. To exceptionally contribute to current standards of service delivery up to the managerial level and to embrace competitive strategies, change management and synergetic spirit in customer service and achievement of the organization’s goal. To be a team player with reliable interpersonal skills for Capacity building for teams and groups.To embrace Volunteerism as a participant and facilitator of community development
CAREER PROFILE SUMMARY
An educationist with a education degree background in nutrition, business management, general management, entrepreneurship and research. With skills in Communication ,Training &teaching, Monitoring and valuation, entrepreneurship skills development ,Strategy planning/Policy Formulation, Information technology skills, Guidance and counseling. I have in my career been a high school, TIVET trainer and currently a lecturer at Mount Kenya University, in the above areas. In the capacity of the skills I have been an administrator/manager in various positions in my career progression as a coordinator, school of business at inception, Nairobi campus, founded the student management body as the first dean of student at Nairobi campus, mount Kenya university, I was able to carry out a research on challenges facing students’ management in public and private universities in Nairobi county. I also steered the post graduate school Nairobi campus as a coordinator and then as the Associate Dean Of Post Graduate School, where I was involved in development of a post graduate Centre at Nairobi campus , Mount Kenya University. I also planned and participated in research training seminars and workshops as a facilitator, planning for students research oriented activities, the entire university research forums and workshops.have organized public lectures in my capacity as research coordinator at the university. I have also been in various training of trainers with an outcome of trainer at Wadhwani Foundation, STEP trainer, Human Capital Limited amongst others. I have done consultancy work in training on business management, Customer care, Enterprise capacity building. Currently as a Deputy Director Graduate School at the university whose mandate is to manage quality research, steer, motivate, promote and implement students’ research activities?
- PhD Entrepreneurship Jomo Kenyatta University Of Agriculture and Technology
- MSC Entrepreneurship Jomo Kenyatta University Of Agriculture and Technology
- Bachelor of Education (Home economics) Kenyatta University
OTHER COURSES/ TRAINING ATTENDED
- Organizational Excellence & Leadership Programme- malaysia
- STEP trainers workshop
- Research Capacity Building Workshop in Mount Kenya University
- Proposal writing for grant Workshop in Mount Kenya University
- 2016: Wadhwani Foundation Entrepreneurship Faculty Educator
- 2014: ISO certified training for quality auditor
2018/2019: CSAK conference
2017: International Peace Conference- Kenya
2017: Malaysian Institute of Management leadership conference-Malaysia
2016: Christian and Scientific Association of Kenya
2015: ICABUMPA-IN4In conference
2010-2012: Human Capital investment Consultancy Firm Limited
• Training, Consultancy in Management, Gender Mainstreaming and Entrepreneurship.
• Entrepreneurship training for women and youth entrepreneurs for CBOs
2018-2020: STEP TRAINER
2016-2020: WADHWANI FOUNDATION (ENTREPRENEURSHIP FACULTY/ NETWORK TRAINER
2011-2020 ASSOCIATION of EAST AFRICAN WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS:Member/Trainer
2019-2021: Co-investigator in securing 24 DAAD full Masters Scholarships in Public Health & Nursing
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- 2019: Ongoing research, “social capital in social enterprise stimulation as a panaecia for peace and security in slum communities in Nairobi city county.”
2016: Influence of entrepreneurial determinants of social enterprise performance in Nairobi County, Kenya. Submitted to Jomo Kenyatta University Of Agriculture And Technology.
2008: Research on the Effect of Entrepreneurial Training on the Performance of Micro and Small Enterprises in Kenya. Submitted to Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture Technology.
1. Kibe. L .W,(2013) An Assessment of the Background Information of Micro and Small Enterprise Entrepreneurs and Their Training Needs In Nairobi, Kenya. IJAR(2013), 1,(4),378-387. (journal homepage:http://www.journalijar.com)
- Kibe, L. W., Namusonge, G. S. & Iravo, M. A.,(2016 ). Social Innovation Strategies and The Performance of Social Enterprises in Nairobi City County, Kenya: International Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship Research ,4(2), 36-47.
- Kibe, L. W, Namusonge, G. S. & Iravo, M. A.,(2016 ). Effect of Relational Social Capital on the Performance of Social Enterprises in Nairobi City County, Kenya: International Journal of Economics & Finance, 2 (II), 87-101. ISSN 2105 600
- Kibe L.W. (2018). The influence of entrepreneurial training on
the performance of social enterprises in Nairobi city county, Kenya. International Journal of Economics and Finance (IJEF) Issue No VIII, Volume 4, pp 93-114.
- Mutua . J. N & Kibe. L.W, (2018). Analysis of innovative strategies influence on business growth of SMEs In Nairobi County, Kenya: Case Of SMEs In Gikomba Market.IJAR,2018.Article DOI: 10.21474/IJAR01/7385 ;DOI URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/7385
- Kibe L.W. (2019). The influence of structural social capital on performance of social enterprises in Nairobi city county, Kenya. European Journal of Business and Management www.iiste.org,ISSN 2222-1905 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2839 (Online) DOI: 10.7176/EJBM Vol.11, No.7, 2019
- Léila Nyagahene. L, Kibe .L. W.( 2019) “Analysis of Influence of Intellectual Property Strategy on Sustainable Competitive Advantage of Pharmaceutical manufacturing Companies in Nairobi City County, Kenya” IJEBMR,www.ijebmr.com ISSN: 2456-7760
- Kariuki.S. N, Kibe.L,(2019) Analysis of the influence of management of resources on Performance of national hospital insurance fund, Kenya. International Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship Research,Vol.7, No.4, pp.35-49, Published by ECRTD-UK,Print ISSN: 2053-5821, Online ISSN: 2053-583X
- Kibe L.W. (2013). The Nature and Effect of Entrepreneurial Training Offered to The Owners of micro and Small Enterprises in Nairobi, Kenya. Unpublished paper.
- Kibe .L.W, Mutual.J,(2019) Analysis of Local Community Participation in Shared Security and Community Policing for Sustainable Development in Kenya: Case of Kibera Slums: European Journal of Management and Marketing Studies, Peer Reviewed ,Unpubilshed paper.
- Mutua.J, Kibe L.W,(2019) Integrity in Procurement and Supply Chain anagement Process in Kenya as A Panacea for Enhancing Quality: Case of County Government of Kitui: European Journal of Business and Management, peer reviewed unpublished.