Dr Henry Yatich is the Ag. Principal, College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGSR) effective 1st August,2022. He Holds Ph.D. in Strategic Management with a Postdoctoral Training in Research and Supervision from University of Stellenbosch, SA. He is an avid Research Fellow and Strategic Management Consultant with research focus on Lifelong Learning, Skill Development, Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education and TVET Sector. Previously, he has served as the Dean, School of Business and Economics 2019-2021, Director, University Teaching Programmes (2019), Director, Technical Support, Content Development & Design (2018-2019), Senior Administrator (2016-2017), Registrar, School of Business and Economics (2015), Deputy Director, Finance Administration & Planning and Management (2014), and Programme Coordinator in 2013. Prior to this, he served as the head at Alphax College, a TVET institution.
Dr. Yatich is currently a member and coordinator of the DAAD, ACCESS -University-Business Linkages (SL), AACSB, Diversity & Inclusion Steering Committee Member, British Council, Going Global Conferences-Committee Member, Reviewer for Association of Management (AOM), Varieties of Democracy (V-Dem)-Country Representative. He brings on board over 10 years’ research and leadership experience in Higher Education and TVET.
• 2020-2024: Member of African Centre for Career Enhancement & Skills Support (ACCESS)-University Business Linkages Pillar Kenyan Project- University of Leipzig (Funded by DAAD)
• 2021-2022: Joint Research: “the role of universities in improving employability of youth with visual impairment” in collaboration with Kilimanjaro Blind Trust Africa (KBTA) and University College of London, (2021-2022).
• 2019: KENET, Kenya: Implementing new models of education to address unemployment in Kenya-paper presented during the British Council, Going Global 2019 Conference in Berlin Germany, from 13th -15th May 2019.
• 2019-2020: SWISSCONTACT: Practical Oriented Curriculum using the DACUM framework.
• 2019: DAAD: The concept of practical-oriented training based on the model of German’s Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS) in Bavaria, Germany.
• 2021-2022-International Deans Course-Africa
Training on faculty management and project action plans (Hochschule Osnabruck, University of Applied Science and Centre for Higher Education CHE, Germany)
• October 2020-November 2020
Training on Design Thinking, (Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, University of Applied Sciences, Germany)
• October 2018-December, 2019
Training on the Model of Universities of Applied Sciences, (Hochschule Neu Ulm University and Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt University, Germany).
• 2014-2015: Audit Training
Lead Auditor ISO: 9001:2008:2015 Standard (Dual Dimension Consulting, Nairobi)
• May 2021- December 2022: Product Market Survey, POSTAL Corporation of Kenya
• Dec 2020-March 2021: Scoping for Investment Opportunities Project-Egypt, Nigeria and Kenya- British Council, Department for International Trade (DIT-UK): Lead Country Expert (Kenya).
• June 2019-Nov 2019: Skills for Prosperity (S4P): Lead country expert (in liaison with AOC) project (British High Commission) and Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), Nairobi, Kenya.
• October 2019: Participated in Winning Proposal Development for Teacher Professional Development-TSC/Ministry of Education programme (currently under implementation)
Dr. Yatich has one book chapter publication, among other publications found at https://scholar.google.nl/citations?user=zbEBvwoAAAAJ&hl=en
Congratulations to Dr. Yatich as he offers strategic leadership for the College of Graduate Studies and Research. He is tasked to enhance impact-based research and increase post-graduate training throughput. He will ensure the university dynamically cultivates a research and innovative culture that will increase research funding, increased impact-based publications and promote community outreach activities that will ensure adaptation of the university in remaining competitive in a changing economic and technological local, regional and global environment.